We support our customers from design to product manufacturing, providing services such as Design for Additive Manufacturing , Manufacturing and Quality Control .
Design For Additive Manufacturing
We support our customers right from the design and industrialization phase, offering a service of Design for Additive Manufacturing (DFAM).
DFAM service enables collaborative design with the customer, encouraging comprehensive understanding and exploitation of the advantages, benefits and strengths of Additive Manufacturing technologies.
Thanks to specific software, in collaboration with the customer, we can perform FEA (Finite Element Analysis) and Topological Optimization to verify displacements and stresses occurring on the component as a result of operating loads (strength, pressure, acceleration, temperature, contact between components). The outcome is the possibility to fine tune the design, to remove excess material without sacrificing the structural integrity of the part, without altering its quality, resistance and mechanical properties, thus resulting in an extremely optimized part, which is lightweight and subject to uniform loading, allowing significant economic benefits and performance improvements.
We produce functional prototypes and final components with SLM (Selective Laser Melting), with no costs for molds and dedicated tooling or equipment.
When required by the technical specifications, we complete the production process with heat treatment, machining, surface finishing treatments (sandblasting, tumbling, etc), and Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP).
We perform checks and laboratory tests to certify the quality of the finished component.
According to the technical specifications from the customer we perform:
- dimensional measurements with digital calipers, 3D scanners, Coordinate Measuring Machines, to measure critical dimensions and determine the deviations between the geometry of the finished part compared to its 3D model
- mechanical tests (tensile, compression, bending, surface hardness)
- roughness, roundness and porosity measurements
- microanalysis with SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy)
- spectroscopy with EDS (Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy)
- computed 3D tomography (CAT Scan)
- destructive laboratory tests